Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and deploying process improvements across the product development organization. You will be expected to collaborate broadly across the organization to identify opportunities and develop a series of projects to improve the quality, efficiency and speed of the product development process.\n
This role requires a high level of motivation, a deep understanding of product development and process improvement methodologies, and an ability to deliver measurable improvements to the organization.
- Identification of gaps, inefficiencies and other opportunities across the organization through broad x-functional collaboration \n
- Development of a process improvement roadmap aligned with business priorities and reinforcing organizational values \n
- Development and utilization of data to prioritize projects and communicate process effectiveness \n
- Project management through entire lifecycle of project deliverables \n
- Organizational change management leadership supporting improvement activities \n
- Communication across the organization of roadmap, priorities and best practices \n
- Process expert within Rivian, providing direction and training to colleagues within the day-to-day workspace and championing optimism throughout the organization \n
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering discipline, computer science, or equivalent STEM subject \n
- 10+ years experience within automotive product development or similar field \n
- 5+ years experience in process development methods such as Lean, Six Sigma, or similar \n
- Open minded, adventurous and curious mindset \n
- Collaborative & results driven approach \n
- Self-motivated with high level of attention to detail \n
- Masterful ability to mediate cross functional discussions and shape outcome aligned with overall objectives \n
Salary Range Irvine-Based Applicants: $168,000-$217,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Salary Range Palo Alto-Based Applicants: $184,000 -$236,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.