Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date between 2024 through 2027.\n
If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions on our Rivian careers site.\n
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
- Be part of a world-class team, with a focus on high quality and rapid project deployment. \n
- Challenge assumptions and be an advocate for best practices. \n
- Discover your potential with cross-functional partnerships and be an asset to your leadership team. \n
- Partner with Production Engineers and Leaders to ensure successful ramp and long term production. \n
- Be responsible for joining systems implementation and joining processes improvement. \n
- Perform continues joining process optimization in production environment. \n
- Provide production feedback to design engineering teams to ensure manufacturability of product without compromising functionality and performance. \n
- Lead and assist production in all quality and process related weld topics and issues. \n
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Joining Engineering, Material Science or similar technical field from an accredited University or College at the time of the internship. \n
- Understanding of manufacturing concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, etc). \n
- Experience working in both 2D and 3D CAD environments. \n
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and execute on actions and tasks as requested by your team. \n
- Applied knowledge and understanding of engineering first principles. \n
- An interest in innovating the automotive and technology industry. \n
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment. \n
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders. \n
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. \n
- Must be willing to work overtime, as needed. \n
- Travel may be expected. \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for Internships: The range of pay for internships is 25.00-51.00 per hour. Actual compensation will be determined based on location, and other factors permitted by law.\n
Rivian provides robust wellness benefits, and a medical insurance package for interns, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.