Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian has embarked on a company-wide program to achieve the long-term cost structure that will the company to drive towards sustainable growth and impact. This program is designed to maximize efficiency across key cost areas, including but not limited to material cost, logistics, manufacturing, inventory and indirect. This role plays a critical part in this transformational change through a financial lens within the Program Management Office’s centralized reporting & governance.
- Drive governance and accountability for attainment of the financial targets for Rivian’s cost Optimization program. Own, develop and improve the cross-module data and reporting infrastructure to provide a comprehensive view of overall program and individual module performance. \n
- Coordinate with colleagues across the Cost Optimization PMO team and the broader Business Finance org to ensure aligned strategic direction and approach to driving cost reductions at scale across all Program modules \n
- Align the program’s impact to Rivian’s internal corporate financial planning processes; ensure that cost targets and tracked impacts are appropriately reflected on annual budgets and long-range plans \n
- Set the standard for financial reporting across the program incl. ensuring consistent practices and accurate interpretation of the past and expected future impacts of specific savings initiatives on Rivian’s financial statements. \n
- Translate analytical findings into actionable insights and recommendations for strategy and process improvements to optimize the overall financial impact of the program \n
- Drive excellence from within a PMO, leveraging core skills of coordination, attention to detail, influence and the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the org, up to and including C-level executives. \n
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Finance or Corporate Controllership \n
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent \n
- Strong financial modeling skills and the business instincts to effectively evaluate and critique financial projections \n
- Leadership, influencing and communications skills (verbal and written) to drive progress across a broad set of stakeholders, consistently finding a way through roadblocks \n
- Self-starter and sense of urgency to drive results and meet deadlines in a rapidly evolving environment \n
- Broad business understanding and interest \n
Salary Range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $147,000 - $169,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Salary Range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $135,000 - $155,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.