Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is seeking an experienced Validation Engineer. The engineer will oversee design validation for new propulsion battery pack programs. The role requires leading the design validation activities for the pack, module, and components. This role provides high visibility and sharing updates with key stakeholders.
- Support and oversee an individual program design validation plan (DVP). \n
- Improve the test and validation processes by adopting the best practices, which can help in reducing complexity and timelines. \n
- Identify critical path issues, mitigate them, and escalate to technical program management as needed. \n
- Collaborate with design, systems, and reliability teams to ensure timely programmatic deliverables. \n
- Collaborate on requirement development. \n
- Ensure all design validation is completed and deviations are addressed timely for engineering sign-off. \n
- Ensure proper linking of DVP tests to DFMEA and requirements. \n
- Prioritize incoming test requests not captured by program DVPs with other efforts. \n
- Support and communicate with the prototype build teams to meet test asset build requirements. \n
- Collaborate on the root cause and corrective action efforts that pertain to battery testing and development. \n
- Serve as a stakeholder on DFMEA and NUDD creation tasks.
- Well-versed in the technical/engineering details of high-voltage lithium-ion battery testing, validation, operations, equipment, and facilities. \n
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributor to design failure mode effects analysis efforts. \n
- Experience with component and coupon tests and validation. \n
- Experience simplifying complex test suites into component or interface-level testing and validation efforts to expedite results-gathering. \n
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment. \n
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills. \n
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and motivated attitude. \n
- Experience in utilizing Jira, Confluence, and Jama is highly desirable. \n
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $150,000-173,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premium
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.