Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
At Rivian, we are reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.\n
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
- Develop best-in-class real-time 3D visualizations across a variety of applications, such as Rivian’s 3D ADAS Visualization \n
- Create progressive, intuitive, and reliable applications for the Rivian in-vehicle experience. \n
- Collaborate with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting-edge designs. \n
- Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles. \n
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues found during testing. \n
- Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces. \n
- Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing technology roadmaps, portfolios, and intellectual property. \n
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or related field. \n
- 4+ years’ experience with software development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance. \n
- 4+ years’ experience with modern object-oriented languages: C++, Java, Kotlin. Python is a plus. \n
- Deep experience working with 3D real-time graphics. Experience with major game engines required (ex.: Unreal Engine, etc) \n
- Deep understanding of user-friendly, immersive, reactive user interface development. \n
- Experience with Android application frameworks \n
- Experience working with 3D models, digital materials, and lighting, with an eye for photorealism \n
- Experience in game development is preferred. Automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is a plus. \n
- Proficiency in authoring animations and interactive experiences \n
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for British Columbia Based Applicants: 104,000 CAD - 124,000 CAD (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust supplementary medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance for employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers all of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.