Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position, you will be on the lab floor supporting pack and module level shock and vibration testing. You will work closely with validation engineers, reliability engineers, manufacturing engineers, and technicians to own the setup, configuration, execution, and maintenance of our electrodynamic (ED) shaker systems. Additionally, this role will require CAD experience to design pack and module fixtures that are optimized for function, cost, lead time, and ease of use across different battery.
• Develop and refine test procedures and protocols in accordance with industry standards, company requirements, and regulatory compliance.\n
• Conduct in-depth root cause analysis for any test failures (DUT or equipment) and collaborate with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to implement corrective actions.\n
• Utilize advanced equipment and tools to perform mechanical/electrical/mechanical tests, and establish/maintain test setups for consistent and reliable results.\n
• Monitor, record, and analyze test data, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and traceability for future reference.\n
• Collaborate closely with design and engineering teams to provide expert input on battery system design enhancements based on test results.\n
• Design and/or modify battery pack mounting fixtures that can be used across different battery variants.\n
• Guide the commissioning and continuous improvement of our shaker test beds. Seek input from others and implement processes that increase throughput and/or add technical capability to our testing.\n
• Guide technicians with their day to day activities with clear direction, objectives, and documentation for them to be the most effective.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related relevant field.\n
• Minimum of 4 years of test or validation experience in the automotive or related relevant field.\n
• Familiarity with CAD software and experience with fixture design, specifically related to structural loading, shock, and vibration.\n
• Strong knowledge and experience with various lab equipment and instruments, including but not limited to:\n
o Shock & Vibration test systems, tensile test systems, fatigue test and analysis tools, leak checkers, thermal chambers, humidity control chambers, salt spray/corrosion chambers\n
o Data acquisition systems, power supplies, electronic loads, battery cyclers, oscilloscopes\n
o Load cells, strain gages, pressure transducers, LVDTs, thermocouples, thermistors, flow meters, Hygrometers\n
• A strong understanding of shock, vibration, and other high-frequency loading environments and their effects on EV systems.\n
• High energy and self-motivated\n
• Strong mechanical ability. Comfortable using all sorts of hand tools and power tools\n
• Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal). Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.\n
• Prior experience working with high voltage systems preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.