Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, focusing on test automation and quality, we want you to join our diverse, talented, and collaborative group, building large-scale client-side applications using modern micro-frontends and micro-services. You will contribute to the creation of reusable testing frameworks and tooling, pushing for test modularity and quality gates for continuous integration and delivery. You will partner with other software engineers and product managers to define our customer-facing and internal applications' most effective testing strategies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing team and help grow our digital technology platform's technical foundation.
- \nDefine and collaborate with other engineers to develop our group’s testing frameworks and tools to perform automated UI application end-to-end, and API integration tests. \n \n
- \nCollaborate with UX/UI designers, product managers, and engineering peers to identify the non-happy paths and corner cases. \n \n
- \nCome together with your peers to share ideas, ask why with an open and curious mind, and learn from each other’s diverse perspectives, to deliver great work as a team. \n \n
- \nShape the future of our automated testing and release strategies. \n \n
- \nHelp us continue ‘shifting left’ by working with developers to build automated tests during feature development. \n \n
- \nIncrease developer productivity by automating regression tests which provide confidence in the quality of our software quality. \n \n
- \nEvangelize the importance of test automation to anyone who needs to be educated. \n \n
- \nMentor other engineers, helping them learn and improve their ability to find vulnerabilities and breaking points in their systems. \n \n
- \n5+ years of software quality engineering industry experience, with 3 years of building test automation for large-scale enterprise-grade systems. \n
- \nProficiency with end-to-end testing of web applications using modern frameworks and tooling (i.e., Cypress.io, Playwright). \n \n
- \nAn understanding of a modern web application stack including frontend and backend components \n \n
- \nConsiderable experience with hands-on testing for web applications with knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices \n
- \nHigh level of comfort automating tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD within CI/CD pipelines. \n
- Ability to debug issues efficiently using systematic approaches and tools; producing details bug reports with steps to reproduce where possible.
- \nExperience with testing REST and/or GraphQL APIs and proficiency in the use of API testing tools. \n
- \nSolid understanding of development lifecycles, testing methodologies, and QA processes. \n \n
- \nDetail orientated, analytical, and collaborative. \n \n
- \nParticipating in code reviews for code written by other developers on the team with a focus on testability and error detection/handling \n \n
- \nPartner with product management and engineering peers to design end-to-end user journeys that are verifiable through automated testing. \n \n
- \nExcellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to concisely explain the rationale for design choices from the perspective of quality assurance and verification. \n
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.