Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Utilizing Rivian processes based on industry standards from VDA and AIAG, the Sr. Supplier Development Engineer, Service Parts will work directly with our service team interfacing with suppliers to drive supplier advance quality planning (APQP) and production part approval (PPAP).
• Carry out supplier assessment and validation audits
• Ensure supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP) to meet quality and timing expectations for production part approval (PPAP) for service unique components.
• Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product, process, and storage requirements
• Build strong collaborative relationship with production supplier quality team to communication issues and support in any part quality nonconformance issues.
• Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility.
• Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
• Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to support the Quality organization to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
• Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities
• Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to leadership
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or other related field
• 3+ years supplier quality engineering experience
• Strong Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• Experience/certification in VDA 6.3 audit,
• Technical expertise of automotive components designs and manufacturing, including knowledge of safety and test requirements and appearance approval process
• Knowledge of Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) and datum structures
• In depth knowledge of IATF16949:2016 and understanding of ISO14001
• Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
• Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.