Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.\n
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is a position for a staff embedded software developer who will be a part of the charging & energy products embedded software team. The focus of the role will be embedded Linux application development using C++ as the primary development language. Initial program focus will be developing software in support of opening our Rivian Adventure Network to non-Rivian vehicles including the development of OCPP 2.0.1 and it's use cases.
- Support software requirements elicitation for charger products. \n
- Design, develop and maintain embedded Linux application software for charger products. \n
- Develop and support software tools used for development and testing. \n
- Develop unit and systems level SIL tests to ensure the highest code quality. \n
- Support CI/CD system software to facilitate building, testing and distribution of production-level software. \n
- Experience with developing and C/C++ based applications on embedded Linux. \n
- Experience with web-based communication protocols, especially gRPC, WebSockets. \n
- Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g., Google Test). \n
- Experience with common build system frameworks (e.g., Make CMake). \n
- Experience with CI/CD using GitLab or similar framework (Jenkins, Circle CI). \n
- Experience with bug tracking tools, preferably Jira. \n
- Experience with charging cloud protocol Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) is a plus. \n
- Experience with charging protocols such as SAE 1772, DIN SPEC 70121, ISO 15118 is a plus. \n
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers for hardware components is a plus. \n
- Experience with any RTOS (e.g., FreeRTOS, QNX, GreenHills, etc.) is a plus. \n
- Experience with electric vehicle charging, power conversion and/or energy storage systems is a plus. \n
- Experience with designing software to meet functional safety (e.g., UL1998, ISO26262, ASPICE, etc) is a plus. \n
- 6+ years software development experience with embedded Linux systems. \n
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. \n
Salary range for California Based Applicants: $168,000-$193,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).\n
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.\n
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.\n
Candidate Data Privacy\n
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.\n
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.\n
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.\n
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.