Program Manager - U.S. Navy Programs
Program Manager – U.S. Navy Programs
Jan 24, 2024
SailPlan is a cutting-edge technology company that is dedicated to transforming the future of maritime transportation. Founded in 2019, the company is on a mission to make shipping more sustainable by reducing its carbon footprint and ensuring that it becomes NetZero. SailPlan offers a range of innovative solutions and services that enable its clients to optimize their operations and reduce their environmental impact.
SailPlan works with some of the most important names in the shipping industry to deliver a cleaner future for the world. SailPlan’s team comprises of experts with a diverse range of skills and experience, including naval architects, data scientists, and software engineers. The company’s collaborative and dynamic work culture fosters innovation and creativity, allowing the team to develop cutting-edge solutions that drive the industry forward. By combining state-of-the-art technology and a commitment to sustainability, SailPlan is leading the way towards a greener and more efficient maritime industry.
At SailPlan, you will be part of a fast-growing team, will wear many hats and have ownership over building key aspects of our platform. You will work within a collaborative environment to build the next generation of technology for the maritime industry.
If you think you have the right stuff, we are looking for YOU.
Role Description and Responsibilities
SailPlan is seeking a Program Manager to support its work with the U.S. Navy. The Program Manager will oversee the implementation of a project with the U.S. Navy, including the management of task leaders, internal coordination, schedules, budgets, and client expectations.
Core Requirements and Qualifications
- At least five years of experience in program management, specifically in the U.S. Navy contracting sector (preferably NAVSEA).
- Familiarity with and adherence to Department of Defense regulations and compliance requirements.
- Experience managing contracts, understanding procurement processes, and working with government agencies.
- Proficiency in project scheduling and planning tools to ensure timely delivery of project milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver programs on budget.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Proficient in team collaboration tools (Microsoft Office & Google)
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Strong problem-solving abilities to address challenges and roadblocks in project execution.
- A background in the maritime sector, business processes, and/or technology.
Other information or Special Requirements
This is a full time position. US citizen or work permit required.