Robot Test Technician
Our Mission at Scythe
Robot Test Technician at Scythe
- Perform daily indoor and outdoor robot testing to quickly learn about the quality and performance of our machine
- Work with engineers to develop high quality test plans
- Ensure Scythe's internal testing units are in working order by performing maintenance and repair of test equipment and test fixtures (This includes but not limited to assembly work, installing new circuit boards and sharpening blades)
- Execute manual tests, communicate results, and collaborate within cross-functional teams to identify root cause and resolution
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to run disciplined tests daily
- Ability to work in outdoor environments safely and effectively
- Safe use of various power tools, including but not limited to power drills, weed whacker, and lawnmowers
- Great problem-solving skills to help engineers understand test problems
- Strong verbal communication skills. Must have experience communicating in person with interdisciplinary team members on a daily basis (engineers, peers, etc). Examples of this are standup meetings, team huddles, quality reviews, etc.
- Interest in technology, robots or automation
- Performed Robot testing or QA testing in a previous role
- Previous work as a landscaper: mowing, agronomy, weed management experience would all be helpful
- Assembly line work using work instructions and/or engineering drawings.
- Worked as a Mechanic: working on cars, bikes, or other outdoor equipment
- Worked on a small team in a highly technical environment with tight deadlines
- Experienced with creative problem solving and articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off - 120 hours per year on accrual basis
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.