Mobile Technician (TX)
Our Mission at Scythe
Mobile Technician at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Mobile Technician to help transport, repair, and maintain our fleet of autonomous robots supporting the next chapter in Scythe's journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You will be responsible for vehicle transportation, general repairs, and customer engagement at Scythe. This is a new team and you will be expected to establish the foundations of what a skilled and professional mobile technician can do. You will work closely with our Robotics Technicians, customer operations, and our customers to keep our vehicles operating in various markets.
Our main headquarters is located in Longmont, CO with operating facilities in both Austin, TX and Fort Pierce, FL with more locations scheduled to open in 2024. Travel will be required for this position up to 50% of the calendar year and a motor vehicle record (MVR) will be required as part of the hiring process.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Primary owner for pick-up and delivery of customer deployed robots to include general onsite maintenance and vehicle recovery.
- Update deployed fleet tracker to ensure 100% accuracy of vehicle traceability.
- Conduct general robot maintenance, upkeep, provide support and receive training from experienced onsite Robotic Technicians.
- Ensure proper operation and safety of support vehicles and coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance when necessary.
- Aid in conducting miscellaneous administrative tasks to support the business needs to include, but not limited to, inventory cycle counts, purchase order placement and receipts, customer demonstrations, and vehicle maintenance testing/troubleshooting.
What you know well
- General familiarity with mechanical, electrical, and residential landscaping practices.
- Experience with proper cargo loading/transportation, trailer operation, and truck and trailer Preventive Maintenance Daily.
- Experience as a field service technician traveling to various customer locations to provide firsthand troubleshooting and repairs
What you’ve maybe done
- Moderate to extensive truck and trailer driving/delivery.
- Moderate to extensive work and troubleshooting with vehicles or other machinery.
- Moderate to extensive work communicating with external stakeholders and
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Fort Pierce, FL
- 120 hours per year paid time-off
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Mobile Technician position has an expected minimum hourly rate of $22.00 per hour. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate.Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.