We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
The Production Manager will lead and oversee all manufacturing operations at our 1st of it’s kind Moses Lake Factory. They will support the build and growth of the people, processes, and systems at the facility, ensuring on time delivery of Sila’s innovative Silicon Anode to high profile automotive customers.
Build effective teams through recruiting, onboarding, coaching, effective prioritization and planning, feedback, and career development. Help reports deliver great results, and learn and grow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee operations including manufacturing, material handling, warehouse and packaging to support the production of Sila’s silicon anode.
- Build and grow a high-performing team, developing personnel that exemplify the Sila Manufacturing culture to prepare the organization for the scale-up and ramp of our first production process.
- Foster and promote a strong safety culture, working across all parts of the organization to ensure plant operations and facilities meet or exceed all PSM and OSHA standards.
- Develop and promote a vision for optimal operational execution. Manage and deliver on production goals, KPIs, and key initiatives.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and production targets for the facility. Analyze and create action plans from cost reporting, labor and productivity metrics, and Overall Equipment Effectiveness trends.
- Work with engineering to identify bottlenecks, drive productivity gains, determine root causes, and create and execute plans to resolve issues to achieve annual capacity goals.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement that engages all levels of the team and celebrities impactful improvement ideas and projects.
- Own and communicate production planning, supply forecasts to match customer demand, inventory health, and strategic long term plans to increase operational capacity.
- Manage improvement projects and oversee initiatives including lean implementation, theory of constraints, and material flow improvements.
- Hire, coach, and support talent through consistent feedback, navigation of challenges, and celebration of wins. Collaboratively develop goals, coordinate and track progress of plans, allocate roles and responsibilities, and navigate challenges and roadblocks
- Help reports understand how their role and contributions are important to the Company’s success and give and receive constructive feedback, and provide input to the organization on the report’s contributions
- Grow and further develop Sila Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) capabilities, working closely with Finance to reduce variances, report out COGs and manage inventory control
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing or production setting
- Ability to think strategically and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Operationally driven approach and a commitment to quality and safety
- Preferred experience commissioning a plant, leading to successful project completion
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building)
- Can travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
The starting base pay for this role is between $103,000 and $130,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.