Customer Program Manager, Germany
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Customer Program Manager (CPM) at Sila, you are an advocate for our customers and are responsible for programs progressing towards timely success. You own program timelines and coordinate efforts to meet them while generating cross-functional alignment, anticipating roadblocks and developing mitigation plans.
Since our programs are highly technical, you work closely with engineers and scientists throughout the company and with our European automotive partners on multiple projects at the same time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and maintain schedules for customer programs
- Proactively identify critical-path dependencies, risks, milestones and opportunities to accelerate
- Regularly connect with customers to gather information relevant to current and future programs and their decision making processes
- Communicate, plan, create alignment, and take action on tactical decisions with internal and external stakeholders representing different functions
- Support meetings with customers and partners, including preparing internal teams for discussion topics
- Collaborate with product management to understand and communicate customer product roadmaps, product requirements, and tradeoffs that customers are willing to make
- Develop and improve processes for organizing information and reporting project status
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent program management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders including external customers and internal partners
- Strong ability to gather, interpret, and communicate information
- Demonstrated ability to build trust both internally and externally to drive progress
- Experience in automotive advanced and/or series development
- Good technical understanding of batteries preferred and a desire learn
- Motivation to help power the world’s transition to clean energy
- Fluency in English is mandatory, fluency in German is a bonus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Ability to travel within Europe and occasionally to the US and Asia. Travel expected for about 15-20% of the working time
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.