Customer Program Manager, Automotive - Asia
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Customer Program Manager at Sila, you ensure each program progresses towards timely success by detailing program timelines and key deliverables, anticipating roadblocks and coordinating mitigation approaches, as well as helping develop new processes and crafting existing processes to identify and manage resources.
You are a multi-tasker who builds or uses existing tools to efficiently handle responsibilities. Since our programs are highly technical, you will work closely with scientists and engineers throughout Sila and with our partners particularly in Japan and Korea on multiple projects at the same time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and maintain schedules for projects with multiple partners, recommending adjustments as needed
- Proactively identify and highlight critical-path dependencies, risks, and opportunities to accelerate
- Communicate, plan, create alignment, and take action on tactical decisions with internal and external partners representing different functions
- Regularly communicate with customers to gather information and share information relevant to current and future programs and to better understand their decision making processes
- Work in collaboration with product management to understand customer product roadmaps, product requirements, and tradeoffs customers are willing to make
- Lead meetings with customers and partners, including preparing internal teams for discussion topics
- Improve processes for tracking and reporting project status
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 5+ years related work experience, preferably in externally facing roles
- Good technical understanding of batteries and a desire to learn more
- Comfortable generating, interpreting, and communicating information
- Demonstrated ability to build trust both internally and externally to drive progress
- Fluency in English and either Japanese or Korean
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Travel to Japan and Korea from Sila HQ (10% - 25%)
The starting base pay for this role is between $168,000 and $212,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.