We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
We are seeking a dedicated and safety-conscious individual to join our team as a Plant Process Operator at our chemical manufacturing facility. The Plant Process Operator is responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of all plant equipment while adhering to established procedures and maintaining a strong commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Safety and Compliance: Perform all job duties in strict adherence to safety protocols, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Handle hazardous chemicals and waste in full compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Operational Expertise: Operate process equipment according to training materials and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize your mechanical aptitude to understand and manage piping and equipment in your assigned area.
- Training and Documentation: Develop training materials and standard operating procedures for operational processes. Maintain accurate records of equipment and process operations.
- Equipment Maintenance: Prepare equipment for maintenance following SOPs and Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) standards. Demonstrate basic maintenance skills and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Startup and Shutdown: Safely initiate and shut down process equipment. Operate plant process equipment from a centralized control room.
- Quality and Efficiency: Maintain high-quality standards when handling finished products. Implement lean principles to drive continuous improvement processes.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with plant engineering, construction, and EPC teams to finalize equipment designs and 3D model reviews. Represent the operations group during HAZOP reviews.
- Safety and Environmental Awareness: Maintain a high level of awareness for safety, environmental, and quality concerns. Certify as a member of the plant emergency brigade.
- Housekeeping: Uphold stringent housekeeping standards within the plant.
- Other Duties: Perform any other duties and assignments as directed by your supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret PFDs and P&IDs.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment, i.e. forklifts and other heavy machinery.
- Familiarity with SDS information for safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Lock/Tag Out experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Proficiency in monitoring and operating process equipment using SOPs.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Ability to operate and understand SCADA systems.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection on a daily basis
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel-toe safety shoes
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Climb stairs or over containment walls
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $35/hr and $44/hr at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, and equity. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for overtime.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.