Staff Facility Engineer
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
WHO YOU ARE
As the first Staff Facility Engineer on the SILA Moses Lake factory engineering team your unique combination of experience, technical expertise, planning and troubleshooting skills will be critical to our ambitious goal of establishing and maintaining production of our advanced battery materials at scale. You are a self-starter, experienced, and capable facilities engineer to be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of our manufacturing plant. You will be responsible for assessing the facility's resource requirements, designing and optimizing the facility's layout and critical operational systems, and overseeing the maintenance of infrastructure and equipment. To be successful as a facilities engineer, you should be able to develop and implement utility plans, perform system evaluations, and establish operational efficiency. A facilities engineer should have excellent project management skills
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Gathering and analyzing consumption data on facility provided services (Cooling Water, CDA, Gas Panels, Electricity, abatement unit)
- Determining facility and equipment specifications.
- Analyzing project costs and preparing budgets.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of facility expansion, layout, various systems, and quality controls.
- Evaluating operational systems and facility infrastructure to ascertain and improve operational efficiencies.
- Developing processing plans and optimizing resource allocation.
- Planning and coordinating infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules, documentation and activities.
- Develop facility spare part strategy
- Coordinating and overseeing contractors performing maintenance activities.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards.
- Preparing reports and compliance documentation.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure smooth production
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in a facility engineering role
- Proficiency in reading and creating facility related documents and schematics
- Experience facility control and monitoring software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with industrial processes and equipment, such as pumps, motors, and valves, and furnaces is a plus
- Familiarity with working in a PSM facility
- Familiarity with PLC programming, SCADA systems, Ignition preferred
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection on a daily basis
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Operate on open electrical control and distribution cabinets
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Enter spaces narrower than 3 feet
- Climb stairs or over containment walls
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $155,000 and $196,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.