Quality Control Technician
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
You as a Quality Control Technician will help create the next generation of battery materials by performing analyses on production and research/development samples. In this role you will analyze test data, report test results, and communicate unexpected results. You will communicate with our manufacturing, engineering, and research teams to coordinate testing priorities. You are someone who can multi-task to complete different analytical tests each day.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute analytical testing in support of routine production, research/development work, and analytical method development
- Communicate and coordinate daily priorities with requesters and management
- Communicate roadblocks and issues to management and other stakeholders
- Maintain and improve laboratory operating standards, procedures, and systems
- Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot testing equipment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or a relevant technical discipline preferred
- 4-6 years or more of laboratory experience in a research or manufacturing environment required
- Experience in performing routine analytical work efficiently, consistently, and with attention to detail
- Experience in following and improving written procedures and documenting results in electronic systems
- Experience in planning and prioritizing daily work activities, collaborating with team members / internal customers, and seeking guidance as needed
- Experience in troubleshooting analytical instruments and escalating for help as needed
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and drive improvement initiatives
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Move items up to 25 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $37.00/hr and $47.00/hr at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, and equity.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.