Senior DevOps Engineer, Product
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
As a DevOps Engineer, you will join our Engineering Team and work on building the software packages we make and help implement and execute tools and processes to ensure the team codes more efficiently and with the utmost quality. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team that is focused on delivering the best experience for our customers.
You will be working with our cloud-based software, which is implemented on the salesforce.com platform. Not only will you be building Force.com packages, but you will also leverage modern cloud-based DevOps tools including CircleCI, Bitbucket, git, bash, and Snyk among others.
You will enhance and troubleshoot build scripts, review and merge pull requests, and help the team concentrate on just coding utilizing your passion for quality code and stable builds. You will demonstrate your communication and collaboration skills by working closely with Engineers, QA Engineers, Tech Leads, QA Leads, and other stakeholders throughout the full SDLC.
- At least 2-3 years building applications or customizations on salesforce.com.
- Extensive use of git (branching, merge strategies, cherry-picking)
- Bash and/or shell scripting
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, CodeShip etc.), Git (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Code analysis tools (Linters, PMD, Snyk)
- Nice to Have: Building packages on the salesforce.com platform.
The Skill Set:
- Merge and create pull requests for salesforce.com packages, often using git cherry-picking and resulting code conflict resolution.
- Establish strong relationships and be able to collaborate with all team members (technical/non-technical, local/remote) to help fix builds, code conflicts, and design and implement new DevOps processes and tools.
- Ensure team members adhere to DevOps processes.
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Become familiar with the functionality and codebase of several modules across the Sitetracker products
- Complete our Sitetracker Engineering Development Plan and be fully ramped on our technology stack and established build scripts
- Review and merge pull requests for various scrum teams
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Troubleshoot build failures with little to no assistance
- Take overall PR reviews and merges for all scrum teams
- Ramp up on creating Salesforce packages
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Be creating stable package releases
- Helping automate anything that can be, such as auto-push upgrades
- Helping implement new DevOps tools
- Enhancing existing tools such as PMD rules, Snyk workflows
- Have established strong working relationships with all team members that ensure efficient completion and building of a product that our customers love
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.