VP of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s VP of Marketing, you will head all marketing functions for the company — having an opportunity to lead a talented and scaling team of marketers as the company continues to scale from our Series-B growth and set the stage for the future of mobility with our API platform.
We’d love for you to join us.
- As a part of the executive team, own Smartcar’s marketing organization, strategy, execution, departments, and operations.
- Use professional track record to develop Smartcar’s marketing function in all areas, such as demand, product, event, content and customer marketing.
- Manage, inspire, and help build a high-performing marketing team, ensuring individual and collective success by providing guidance, coaching, and professional development opportunities.
- Foster strong partnerships with customer success, engineering, product and other cross-functional teams to align marketing initiatives with business objectives, ensuring seamless execution and ongoing collaboration.
- Work with your team to refine and develop the strategy of Smartcar’s existing and future marketing channels and mediums.
- Help build Smartcar’s marketing team and cultivate its transparent, and welcoming culture.
- Develop and deliver regular reporting, highlighting key marketing performance metrics, growth opportunities, and progress towards revenue targets.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years experience in product or revenue marketing, preferably in the infrastructure / developer space.
- 5+ years in a leadership, people management role
- Experience managing various marketing functions and teams within demand gen, product, content, event, operations, and customer marketing.
- A strong sense of ownership and mindset of building for scale; in both SLG and PLG motions.
- A manager, who values strong internal communication, operational excellence, balance, transparency, and team development.
- A strong presenter with an ability to command an audience and tell compelling stories.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $215,000 - $250,000
- Competitive equity
- Remote work within the United States.
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately 11 thousand dollars a year.
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO and 10 days of paid holidays
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
- This role works PST work hours. It is heavily preferred this person lives in or near a PST time zone, to ensure proper work life balance.
Recruiter For This Role:
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.