Strategic Account Manager II
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs, making it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Capital. We are the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe, serving amazing customers, including brands like Uber, Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility businesses use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s Senior Strategic Account Manager II, you will own post sales relationships with Mid-Market and Enterprise accounts. You’ll partner with Success Engineering, Solutions Architects and Product Support to unblock paths to growth and deliver value to ensure success.
This role is remote within the United States. We'd love for you to join us!
- Own a revenue quota, negotiate renewals and upsells, and manage accounts to achieve growth targets and optimal commercial outcomes.
- Act as a Smartcar consultant to build in-depth relationships with customer points of contact from C-levels to ICs in order to gain a complete understanding of their business goals and objectives.
- Grow existing customers’ vehicle usage growth and expansion revenue through co-creating and driving joint client goals and strategic growth plans.
- Execute on all phases of the post-sales customer lifecycle, partnering with Success Engineering during implementation.
- Partner with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to relay customer feedback, determine which product updates or features should be prioritized, and drive customer value.
Who You Are
- 5 - 8 years of B2B Account Management experience successfully carrying a quota and growing a $M portfolio of strategic relationships with deep technical and product needs.
- Experience leading a consultative success approach for Mid-Market and Enterprise customers.
- Ability to navigate organizations to expand relationships at all levels.
- Proven track record of maintaining high customer satisfaction rates.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- You have a data driven mindset, and a sense of urgency to take action when customer usage needs improvement.
- Victor Black - Senior Director of Customer Success
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $100,000 - $130,000.
- OTE: $167,000-$216,000 OTE (60/40 split).
- Remote work within the United States.
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately 11 thousand dollars a year.
- 401K matching at 4%.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month.
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month.
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend.
- $350 work-from-home stipend.
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with an additional 4 weeks unpaid, 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Factor subscription.
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave.
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role.
Recruiter For This Role
- Intro Call: 30 minute phone call with Steven Stone to learn about your background and determine whether your skill set matches the role.
- Hiring Manager Video Call: 45 min video call with Victor Black to learn more about your background and for you to ask as many questions as you would like about the role.
- Take-Home Assignment: You will have 3 days to work on an assignment that will assess your ability to strategically target accounts that are not scaling and your approach to turning things around.
- Take-Home Assignment Review: Once your challenge is complete you will have a 45 min video call with Victor Black to present your take-home assignment.
- Final Stage: This is a 3-part video interview. You will have a 30 minute call to meet members of your team, a 30 minute behavioral interview with Laura Huddle, and lastly, a 45 minute meeting with Victor Black and another member of the Customer Success team to assess your problem solving skill set.
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to HR@smartcar.com with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.