Senior Associate- Accounts Payable
Accounting & Finance
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
- Responsible for timely processing of vendor invoices, Timely vendor Payments, Periodical
- reconciliation of vendor statements and strict compliance of vendor KYC. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Closely monitoring the expenditures and tracking the actuals against the budget of that period.
- Ensuring Timely and appropriate payments to the vendors with prior approval of the respective department heads.
- Review invoice for completeness and proper approvals. Authorized approvers are the
- Department Heads.
- If an invoice is received without an approved Purchase order, it will not be submitted for payment.
- Ensure purchases are made from vendors that have registered GSTN to ensure GST input credits are claimable.
- Ensure Vendor master list is supported with KYC documents/details in the system.
- Ensure prior to Vendor Master Creation, all KYC documents are received from vendor. Under no circumstance vendor master creation is done without KYC.
- Ensure that all expenditures are properly coded.
- All invoices with discrepancies must be report to Account Payable Executive/ Assistant Manager Accounts.
- Reconciliation of supplier statement on monthly/Quarterly basis.
- Generating journals for month end reporting
- Ongoing improvements to the accounts payable process
Job Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Experience performing full function accounts payable duties
- Experience in calculating, posting and managing financial records accurately
- Understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles, including general ledger coding
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Understand the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or any equivalent
- Strong mathematical skills
- 2-5 years Prior Experience at similar position
- Experience in driving process improvement
- CA-Inter Pass out with Article ship experience and Immediate Joiners are preferred.
Location :- Andheri