San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
At Stable, you’ll build the foundation of EV charging businesses worldwide. Our software is already used by some of the biggest EV charging operators and developers in the U.S. to deploy billions of dollars in EV infrastructure, and we’re just getting started.
You’ll work alongside a cast of software engineers, machine learning specialists, data scientists, and problem solvers to transform complex consumer behavior, energy pricing, and incentives into actionable insights that propel charging businesses toward greater scale and sustainability.
We believe that the widespread adoption of electric vehicles is crucial for a greener and more sustainable future, and by facilitating the growth and success of the EV charging ecosystem, we can propel the world towards a sustainable transportation revolution.
Our flexible working culture allows everyone to set their own schedule and location to best suit their working style around a core window of overlapping hours. That means that we’re primarily remote, but we also offer co-working access and intentionally create in-person moments to foster collaboration and connection.
We also have great healthcare plans, 401k, parental leave, and a host of other benefits. You can see the full list here: Stable Benefits.
You will be the first dedicated Product Designer at Stable, in charge of our product’s UI. You’ll work closely with Stable Co-Founder and CTO, Jamie, our Product Manager, Krishna, and our engineering team but have broad overlap with every member of our close-knit team.
- Take a leading role in defining the form and flavor of our product.
- Our product involves a lot of data and complex machine learning—you’ll create potent and elegant ways to enable technical and non-technical users to harness both.
- You’ll design new features and products from the ground-up, working “end-to-end” from user-personas to UI wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- You’ll conduct user research and usability testing in coordination with product, sales and customer success to help us make sure we’re solving our users challenges in the right ways.
- This is a highly cross-functional role. We’re a small team, and you’ll work with pretty much everyone internally as well as many external stakeholders. In particular, you’ll work with data scientists to develop compelling data visualizations and controls, and full-stack engineers to understand the engineering impact of design decisions.
- You'll have the opportunity to build additional branded materials and contribute to Stable’s overall brand strategy, but it is not a firm requirement of the role.
- You’ve designed and shipped multiple UIs end-to-end in a professional capacity (bonus points for B2B SaaS products, but this is not a firm requirement of the role).
- You have a history and love of designing compelling and straightforward data visualizations.
- You’re excited to talk to data scientists and engineers even though you don’t have deep technical experience or training in those areas.
- A passion for understanding users - you’re excited to get up every day and get to know our users a little better. For Stable, that means you already have an understanding of, or a strong interest in learning about, how EV infrastructure gets deployed including financing, energy contracts, design & build, and operations. There are many relevant adjacent fields that are great too, for example, solar energy.
- Data-driven - You love digging into the numbers to see what they can tell us (but you also understand the limits of data).
- You're a fantastic coworker who values and encourages collaboration.
- You can work cross-functionally and get things done when you have many different stakeholders and dependencies to manage.
- Scrappy - you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get the unglamorous work done too.
- A growth mindset - you’re excited to learn and grow as our company does.
- If you're reading this, you're probably already interested in working at a startup. Startups function very differently from other types of organizations. You'll need a good awareness of the differences.
Stable is an equal-opportunity employer. Whatever it is that makes you, well, you--whether it be race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or anything else—we’d love to hear from you. And we welcome applicants based anywhere in the U.S.