Product Marketing Manager, Asset Management Division
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
Position: Product Marketing Manager, Asset Management Division
Reporting to: Director of Product Marketing, Asset Management Division
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketer to support the growth of the Product Marketing function within Stem’s Asset Management Division. This individual will partner closely with the various function leads to support the development and marketing of new and existing products and services across Stem’s Asset Management Division.
In this role, you will be the advocate of the customer before, during, and after product launches. You will help communicate the unique value and capabilities of Stem’s product offerings in a way that resonates with our customers, by demonstrating a deep understanding of various user and buyer personas. You will, through tight partnership with Stem’s product and solutions management teams, obtain customer insights, map competitive intelligence, inform the product roadmap, and own the strategic positioning/messaging for our products. In addition, you will train and enable the sales team by creating effective presentation assets and designing the scripts and playbooks for sales as we launch new initiatives. You will work independently and in coordination with corporate marketing to deliver compelling collateral that highlights Stem’s key product values/differentiators and drive campaigns that enable product adoption.
The successful candidate will have strong strategic thinking skills, solid general business acumen, and familiarity with the renewables and cleantech industry. Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex information into simple, easy-to understand content are critical. You will partner and collaborate with key stakeholders across product management, customer success, sales, and corporate marketing teams to drive key commercial outcomes.
- Inform and influence product leadership on decisions related to product roadmap
- Lead competitive intelligence by creating product maturity maps, analyzing competition, and objectively assessing gaps in product offering
- Conduct periodic customer research interviews to identify pain points/goals and establish effective feedback loops to inform content creation and product direction
- Enable sales through creation of compelling presentations, solution maps, battle cards, talking points, and other supporting materials
- Develop effective go-to-market strategy and lead product launches working closely with product, sales, and corporate marketing
- Own product strategic messaging and positioning, partner with corporate marketing to develop compelling fact-based content/collateral that amplify key product values and differentiators
- Support product adoption with effective customer success informed programs and marketing initiatives
- Conduct win/loss analyses and collaborate with the customer success and support teams to identify patterns to continuously improve product
- Participate and represent Stem in key industry conferences, trade shows, and events and coordinate with corporate marketing to co-design broader marketing campaigns
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS product marketing
- Experience in IoT and renewable energy industries is a plus
- Strong research and quantitative as well as qualitative data analysis skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams and drive outcomes
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional written/oral communication skills
- Experience with MS Office, Confluence, and Salesforce
Job Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Salary Range$96,250.00 - $134,850.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.