Director Sales, Asset Management
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
Stem is seeking an Sales Director for its Software & Services Sales within its Asset Management Division. The Asset Management’s mission is to fuel the company's long-term strategic growth with innovative large-scale direct transactions, including G&Ts, JAAs, Co-ops, Muni/Public Power as well as the applicable ecosystem of associations and service providers.
As Sales Director, Asset Management, you will report to the SVP of Asset Management of Sales. You will be responsible for creating and developing a sales pipeline within a targeted segment of the Storage and Solar ecosystem, covering IPPs. CCAs and Pure Play Trading Partners. This role is key to the success of the Asset Management sales org and instrumental in building a solid pipeline over the next 2-3 years.
This position requires a driven and talented sales professional with proven abilities to identify net new opportunities, engage with decision makers, build pipeline, and exceed sales targets.
- Exceed sales targets by executing on an aggressive sales pipeline within the Asset Management Division
- Create sustainable long-term business relationships that produce repeat business.
- Leverage existing expertise and/or become an expert on key energy storage markets including policy, market drivers, participants, stakeholders and competitors.
- Manage cross-functional deal teams over the course of a 6-to-12-month sales cycle.
- Accurately forecast close dates and balance activity between “closing” and “pipeline development” to maintain strong and consistent pipeline
- Be able to articulate and deliver the full economic, strategic, and environmental value represented by Stem
- Coordinate with Product, Pricing Team, Business Development, Legal departments to structure and drive opportunities to successful closure.
- Attend and present at select trade shows and conferences.
- Maintain and drive accurate forecasting through Salesforce.com
- Make ethical decisions while always maintaining integrity on behalf of the best interest of Stem.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 5 to 7 years successful direct sales experience with at least 3 years selling to IPPS/developers and/or distributed generation projects.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years successful experience in complex sales with 3 years selling distributed generation projects to developers
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets, outpacing peers and correctly forecasting close dates. Hunter mentality required.
- Experience selling complex projects with differing financed deal structures and expertise in explaining the financial analytical benefits.
- Strong ability to communicate across departments and drive to “get the deal done.”
- Knowledge of Energy markets and selling to developers and/or experience with Energy Storage/Solar.
- A strong understanding of corporate buying cycles and dealing with executive decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of multimillion dollar projects from commercial customers
- A demonstrated ability to partner with all levels of the organization to maximize the effectiveness of sales support
- An assertive mentality, strong negotiation skills, a sense of initiative, and drive to exceed goals. A self-starter who needs limited supervision
- Experience with a formal sales methodology.
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex projects while working under tight deadlines.
Salary Range$147,350.00 - $206,450.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.