A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. A key ingredient to making reusable systems is the ability to manufacture high quality parts and embrace quick iteration. As a second shift machinist you will be responsible for setting up, operating, and programming CNC milling machines and CNC lathes. You will interpret drawings and make the required tooling. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Machine parts from models and drawings
- Interpret G-code and modify as needed
- Troubleshoot issues and work independently
- Basic inspection of completed parts and report as-built dimensions
- Source tools, tooling, and equipment and coordinate their installation and commissioning
- 5+ years of experience in set up and operation of CNC milling and lathe machines
- Exposure to programming of CNC machines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Ability to interpret GD&T
- Ability to work second shift and weekends as needed
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight space
- Able to withstand repetitive movements, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 2 Range: $31 - $47/hour
- Level 3 Range: $38 - $57/hour
- Level 4 Range: $46 - $69/hour
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.