Engineering Manager, Launch Infrastructure
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems with frequent launch cadence are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. A highly operable, reliable, and robust ground system is an integral part of a fully reusable launch system. As a project manager for the construction of our dedicated launch complex at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, you will be responsible for the construction and commissioning a new launch pad from scratch. You will be responsible for managing the execution of the site development through requirements definition, design development, demolition, construction, activation, and sustaining operations. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Coordinate the development of launch site requirements in collaboration with the launch vehicle development team, in-house ground system design team, and external contractors.
- Develop and maintain integrated project schedules and report on progress.
- Develop and manage budgets for design, procurement, and construction.
- Work with the launch vehicle development team and Stoke leadership to understand future site needs and plan for future growth.
- Work with the launch vehicle and ground system development team to modify requirements or designs to improve construction cost or schedule.
- Manage and ensure high reliability of site infrastructure and utilities, and plan for future expansion as necessary.
- Manage external contracts including large-scale design & construction contracts along with smaller-scale component procurements.
- 3+ years of experience in a related role performing project management functions for a complex hardware development project
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools and best practices
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Extreme ownership and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, construction management, or similar field
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 3: $125,600 – $188,300
- Level 4: $153,500 – $230,100
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.