Fluids Design Engineer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
*Please note: we will not be actively interviewing for this role until June 2023*
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. As a responsible engineer at an early-stage start-up, you will design and test all aspects of a wide range of pressurized hardware including propellant handling, pressurization, and pneumatic components for reusable launch vehicles and rocket engines. You will work closely with the rest of the development team to develop custom designs, procure components, integrate and test your hardware, and continuously iterate. The role spans design, analysis, and manufacturing disciplines, and your work will help to form the basis for company standards. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Exceptional command of fundamentals
- Experience with mechanical design including machined parts, sheet metal, weldments, fasteners, seals, and free body diagrams.
- Experience designing components for pneumatic, hydraulic, and cryogenic working fluids.
- Experience designing and testing hardware for aerospace or similar harsh environments
- Experience with tube routing
- Proficiency with 3D CAD programs (NX preferred)
- Proficiency with FEA analysis tools (Simcenter Nastran preferred)
- Hands-on experience performing fabrication, assembly, and/or testing
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Meaningful equity
- Level 1 Range: $77,400.00 - $116,000
- Level 2 Range: $96,700.00 - $145,100
- Level 3 Range: $120,900 - $181,300
- Level 4 Range: $147,700 - $221,600
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
With all that said, we are trying to be intentional about changing our industry standards. Even if you don't have 100% of the qualifications, we still want you to apply. We recognize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are excited about working here, we want to hear from you!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Something looks off?