Senior Backend Software Development Engineer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
“Scaling rocket development, from lightbulb to liftoff” – That is our goal as the Productivity tools software engineering team here at Stoke. Reusable launch systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. An instrumental ingredient to making reusable launch vehicles is the ability to move fast. As a Backend Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building industry leading productivity tools, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering backend systems, services, and APIs with an emphasis on operational excellence. This candidate will also have experience building and improvement deployment pipelines, practices, and processes.
- Lead the Design, Implement, Document, and Deploy backend systems and APIs
- Improve system operations including building robust CI/CD pipelines
- Lead, mentor, and grow junior software engineers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, refining requirements and building scalable systems
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and design trends
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field / experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated history of delivering reliable and maintainable distributed systems
- Strong proficiency with backend systems including cloud, MQ, containerization technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor other developers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Meaningful equity
- Level 3 Range: $143,300 - $215,000
- Level 4 Range: $172,000 - $257,900
- Level 5 Range: $206,400 - $309,500
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
With all that said, we are trying to be intentional about changing our industry standards. Even if you don't have 100% of the qualifications, we still want you to apply! We recognize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are excited about working here, we want to hear from you!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Something looks off?