People & HR
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra-low-carbon cement. Sublime's breakthrough replaces the industry's legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature, eliminating the use of fossil fuel and the need for limestone, resulting in low-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale CO2 reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who are "amped about cement" (pun intended), who share our values (excellence, creativity, and teamwork), and our motivation to create a better world.
Sublime Systems seeks a qualified Recruiter to join a dynamic team, devoted to excellence, inclusion, accessibility, and diversity in fulfilling Sublime’s mission while providing a high level of customer service.
- Complete a wide variety of recruitment-cycle responsibilities including, in part, sourcing candidates, reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, checking references, and completing and processing essential paperwork and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers, thus developing a thorough understanding of the needs and culture of each area you will recruit and hire into.
- Timely referral of qualified candidates to hiring managers while tracking status of open positions and candidates.
- Ensure reference checks are completed on all final candidates/new hires as appropriate.
- Provide timely and accurate information to new hires.
- Advertise open positions in appropriate websites, media outlets, careers offices and other venues.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, energetic, and able to effectively multi-task.
- Preferably familiar with the startup industry.
- 3+ years recruiting experience.
- Self-starter with high intrinsic motivation.
- Ability to persistently follow up with candidates and hiring managers regarding all hiring activity.
- Flexible, willing and able to prioritize tasks in various parts of the hiring process.
- Strong written and oral communication, problem solving and computer skills.
- A team-oriented, mission-driven professional with a collaborative, positive and proactive orientation.
- Ability to shift priorities as indicated by organizational needs.
- Anticipate challenges and plan proactively.
- Write reports and business correspondence.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and outside professionals.
- Competency with current talent acquisition technology.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced environment.
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.