Senior Web Developer
Sweep is hiring a Senior Web Developer, based in France, tasked with pushing the boundaries of a SaaS website, to drive companies to take climate action.
We are looking for a driven developer that can seamlessly jump from pixel perfect, immersive frontend code that pushes the boundaries of online storytelling, to assessing what CMS will help us flexible scale across channels and teams. You’re here to really own all our web activities, making Sweep stand out.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As part of the engineering team, and in close collaboration with marketing and design, you will build and maintain our websites, ensuring that they are best-in-class, shape our brand and help convert leads.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Own and develop all our website code 🌱
- Work closely with the design and marketing teams to scope, develop and maintain all our web pages, old and new
- Build the right tooling for the websites, from the right codebase, to the CMS and integrations that empowers our teams to work more efficiently
- Push the boundaries of web development and storytelling, for example trying new ways to animate where we want to make a splash, and stripping things back where we want to want to show how to do a green website
2. Pursue quality and build systems that scale 🔍
- Make incremental, well-tested changes that improve and help us move fast
- Improve and extend the QA processes, ensuring everything Sweep is of the highest quality while allowing us to move fast
- Build a lean and performant website, to balance the need to impress, while also keeping our carbon footprint in check
3. Be a team citizen 👫
- Become a key driver for our web efforts, and actively participate in the team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Review and comment pull requests and code changes
- Collaborate on the technical design of significant features
- Build a lean and performant website
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- You hold a Master/Engineer degree in computer science
- You have 5+ years of experience in web development minimum
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You value qualitative software and clean code
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player and aim for velocity
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
By joining Sweep, you will be part of a dynamic start-up with a vision to change the world. We are ready to hit the ground running, and joining us at this early stage allows you the unique opportunity to help shape our journey.
Our flexible work model allows you to balance personal and professional commitments while staying connected with your global colleagues. Even though our hubs are in Paris, London, and Montpellier, we are committed to fostering a connected and engaged remote work culture.
As a B Corporation, we are dedicated to creating successful businesses that benefit everyone, including society and the planet.
Ready for the most exciting chapter of your career? Come join us on this extraordinary ride!