Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Swiftly is on a mission to help cities move more efficiently. We are the leading transit data platform for agencies to share real-time passenger information, manage day-to-day operations, and improve service performance. Today, over 150 transit agencies in 8 countries – including LA Metro, MARTA, SEPTA, MBTA, and WMATA – rely on Swiftly to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is better service reliability, increased ridership, and more efficient transit operations.
Product at Swiftly
The Product team at Swiftly cherishes the delicate balance among delivering customer value, growing a sustainable business, and working within technical constraints. We listen carefully and empathize with customers and end users to understand their pain points and craft smart and lovely solutions that scale. We help everyone at the company understand why features and products are important, so that our designers and developers are equipped to solve root problems, our customer success team can help our customers thrive, and our growth teams can connect our work to a compelling narrative grounded in the user's needs. We believe in giving product teams hard problems to solve and empowering the team to solve them in creative ways.
While our customers are transit agencies and operators, we never lose sight of the fact that our users and those they seek to impact - transit riders - are human. We are meticulous about every transition and user flow to ensure that our products are intuitive, valuable, and engaging.
About the Role
Swiftly is looking for a Senior Product Manager to bring lovable and real-world-impacting products to transportation agencies and transit riders. You will join a cross-functional product team focused on many of the nuts and bolts that make all of Swiftly’s products work: ingesting voluminous and diverse real-time data from thousands of transit vehicles, connecting Swiftly with onboard IoT hardware devices, helping users manage their Swiftly deployment, and ultimately helping transit agencies keep data flowing through their fleet and out to their riders.
This is a hybrid role based in downtown San Francisco. Because the role involves exploring, scoping and testing hardware integrations, you will need to come to the office to work with hardware. This work comes in bursts, but expect 1-2 days per week on average.
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to identify and prioritize among product opportunities.
- Conduct user and market research to explore and elucidate the problem space.
- Collaborate on ideation and prototyping to explore the solution space and converge on the most promising solutions.
- Identify feasibility, usability, value, and business viability risks and proactively mitigate them, with particular focus on value and viability.
- Champion iteration, agility, and rapid course-correction in response to data.
- Devise smart success metrics and habitually measure success with honesty and curiosity.
- Ensure the team always has a refined backlog that's clear, actionable, and aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Lead or participate heavily in all team ceremonies.
- Partner with marketing to figure out the best way to bring products to market.
- Form a strong two-way collaboration with customer-facing teams, empowering them with product knowledge and context so they can win business and make customers succeed, and incorporating the insights they gain through daily customer interactions to strengthen our product plans.
- At the end of the day: ship useful, engaging, beautiful products to our customers and make those products succeed.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software Product Manager.
- B2B experience required, consumer experience a plus. Web-based Saas required; embedded/IoT experience a plus.
- You have taken products from conception through launch and optimization, and are comfortable with all phases of the product lifecycle.
- You have extensive experience collaborating with designers and engineers in an iterative, continuous-discovery and continuous-delivery environment.
- You have extensive experience collaborating with diverse groups of customers and customer-facing teams to go beyond feature requests and deeply understand needs and constraints.
- Your products are mostly successful, you’ve learned from your failures, and you have the data to prove it.
- You don’t need to be a software engineer, but you understand data and data systems enough to find the right problems and solutions to data problems.
- You don’t need to be an electrical engineer, but you understand hardware and networking enough to find the right functional and non-functional requirements for a successful integration.
- You have some experience forming and nurturing partnerships with other technology companies.
- You delight users to solve customer problems to grow the business, and you bring others along that journey through vision, evidence, and persuasive communication.
- You care a lot about making public transit better, in the US and around the world.
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $151,000 to $185,000 (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location. Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
• Team. Together, we are more effective and better supported
• Impact. Drive impact for our customers, our company, and all of our teams
• Diversity. See differing perspectives as ways to address our weaknesses and find new strengths
• Communication. Assume others internally and externally have good intentions
• Feedback. We share feedback because we want each other to grow professionally and personally
• Growth. Foster personal, professional, and company growth
• Competitive salary
• Stock options for every employee
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401k with Employer Match
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Home office setup reimbursement
• Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
• Monthly "Be Well" stipend
• Flexible PTO with a required minimum
• Flexible work environment
• 16-17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2024
• 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
Travel note: Swiftly employees can generally expect to travel 1–2 times a year for in-person company or team offsites. As a fully distributed company, we consider these offsites important for cultivating strong relationships across our teams! Attending these in-person is expected and encouraged, although we understand everyone has different personal circumstances and we will consider requests for exceptions. Customer-facing team members and other specific roles may be expected to travel more frequently.
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.