Head of Revenue Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
We’re looking for a mission-driven Head of Revenue Operations to join our Operations function and bring strategic insight, support and challenge to our commercial operations as a business.
Reporting to the COO, responsibilities will include:
- Working with GTM leadership to establish and execute on a highly effective tooling strategy
- Hiring and managing a CRM admin to optimise that commercial tech stack and to enable the completeness, accuracy and relevance of data therein
- Providing C-suite reporting and commentary on commercial operations
- Specific focus on tracking, incentivising and improving rep-level performance
- Leading data-driven cross-functional dialogue about commercial and where relevant product performance and/or areas for improvement
Over time, responsibilities may evolve to also include establishing a Business Intelligence function for:
- Envisioning and executing (with a junior hire) on relevant BI tooling and dashboarding
- Working with the Data Platform team in Engineering to ensure alignment with product/back end data requirements
- Surfacing regular insight based on robust data regarding the company’s operational health
- Driving accountability of quantitative performance across the organisation
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has 2+ years in a Rev Ops leadership position in a growth stage tech business
- Has been a super user of Salesforce, Hubspot and desirable to also have utilised tools like Gong, Outreach, Kluster in previous roles
- Has experience operating in global commercial teams experience the ups and downs of rapid growth
- Has exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Is a proven collaborator and communicator amongst senior stakeholders
- Has a real philosophy of how revenue operations should work and how it has maximum impact on company strategy
- Has shown the ability to be detail oriented whilst transitioning into a strategic voice in their business
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Early finishes on fridays whenever we can
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.