Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
OverviewAre you looking to make a difference in the world while producing a new product? Tender is revolutionizing the food industry by solving a major global challenge: how to make meat production ethical and sustainable. Going beyond the existing plant-based burgers, we are developing alternative meat whole-cuts – think steaks and chicken breasts – using innovative technologies.We are seeking a Facilities Manager to join our team to oversee the management of our facilities, lead the build-out of future facilities, and set-up IT infrastructure. You will play a critical role within our Operations team, ensuring the smooth operation, maintenance, and improvement of our existing facilities while also spearheading the planning, design, and execution of future facility projects. About You:
- You are adept in your field and open to learning- everyone fights to have you on their team.
- You have a degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Management Information Systems or Equivalent Working Experience.
- You have experience in facilities management, including overseeing maintenance, repairs, and construction projects.
- You have a strong understanding of building codes and regulations.
- You have strong knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, and security best practices.
- You have excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You thrive in fast-paced, cerebral workplaces.
- You have excellent work ethic and demand excellence from those around you.
- You have deep analytical skills and an ability to see what others have missed.
- You are curious and excited about joining an early-stage startup, where you will work autonomously on high-impact projects.
- You're a collaborative worker.
- You have a passion to change the world for the better. What you do for work matters to you deeply.
- You'll help lead strategic planning and design of future facilities, considering organizational growth, operational needs, and industry best practices.
- You'll coordinate with architects, contractors, and internal stakeholders to develop facility layouts, construction plans, and timelines.
- You'll monitor the progress of construction projects, ensuring compliance with specifications, regulations, and budgetary constraints.
- You'll oversee the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and repairs of existing facilities, including building systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.), security, and safety protocols.
- You'll ensure the compliance of our facilities with local and state building codes and regulations
- You'll develop and manage budgets for facilities operations, maintenance, and capital improvement projects.
- You'll evaluate and recommend IT solutions and upgrades to enhance system performance, scalability, and security.
- You'll manage relationships with IT vendors and service providers, including procurement of hardware, software, and technical support.
- You'll contribute operationally to Tender by working with the operations team to help grow our business!
- You'll get to join us on our mission to radically transform the meat industry – one of the most polluting industries on our planet.
- You'll get to work with a diverse group of people that cares deeply about what we are trying to solve.
- You'll have ownership over what you do and how you do it.
- You'll join a really fun, interesting and dynamic place to work!
- You'll join a young startup that is experiencing very rapid growth!
- Competitive Salary: $83,000 - $140,000
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Prescription Lab Goggles
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Package