Senior Lead Designer
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities.
Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution.
We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects.
We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission.
Learn more at terraformation.com.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $150,000, plus equity (depending on location and experience)
Location: Remote, US (central, west coast preferred)
As the Senior Lead Designer at Terraformation, you will help drive our efforts in creating exceptional product designs for users worldwide. Your visionary guidance and expertise will support our mission, ensuring that our products make a lasting, positive impact while delivering high-quality user functionality and satisfaction. You will be responsible for mentoring the Design team, and leading the portfolio of product designs through cross-functional collaboration.
- Take ownership of our products' overall design strategy, vision, and direction, ensuring exceptional user experiences.
- Delegate projects accordingly across the Design team, mentoring team members and ensuring project deliverables are met to the highest standards and on time.
- Act as the main point of contact with Product Management and Engineering to translate strategic objectives into high-quality design solutions.
- Develop and understand user needs, market trends, and technological advancements to inform product design decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize design requirements, ensuring alignment with the company mission and user-centered principles.
- Drive the end-to-end design process, including user research, concept ideation, wireframing, prototyping, and user testing to deliver innovative and impactful products.
- Establish and maintain design standards, guidelines, and best practices to ensure consistent and exceptional user experiences across our product ecosystem.
- Oversee design reviews, provide constructive feedback, and ensure the team's work is on track to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience as a Product Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing the successful delivery of high-quality design projects
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools, in particular Figma.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and practices and experience conducting user research
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail, with a focus on achieving results
- Experience leading and mentoring designers, fostering growth, and nurturing a team-oriented culture
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex including gender identity or expression, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, credit history, genetic history, arrest and court record, military service, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status if the domestic or sexual violence victim provides notice to Terraformation of such status or Terraformation has actual knowledge of such status, or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.