Grant Writer (part-time contractor)
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
As our Grant Writer, you will be pivotal in securing grants that will provide the necessary funds to scale our forestry projects. Utilizing your grant writing expertise will help us advance our mission to combat climate change and build thriving communities through large-scale reforestation efforts. Together, we can make a significant impact in achieving our ambitious goal of planting 1 Trillion trees and restoring the planet's natural balance. This is a part-time opportunity with the potential to develop into a full-time position.
Location: Remote; US Preferred
Salary: $60 - 100 per hour (depending on experience)
- Familiarity with the values and benefits of Terraformation products and services and articulating these in response to novel prompts within grant application.
- Identify, research, and align grant opportunities from government and philanthropic organizations, such as the EU, World Bank, USAID, and others, to secure funding for our forest restoration projects through compelling proposals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and manage comprehensive information, including grant application data, status, and reporting deadlines.
- Manage end-to-end application process: strategize on framing, be the primary author of content that is on message and does not require extensive copy editing, and project manage submission.
- Conduct thorough research on each grant program's requirements, guidelines, and criteria.
- Adhere to strict timelines to ensure timely submission of grant applications.
- Monitor and track grant progress, follow-up requirements, and reporting obligations.
- Collaborate with team members on developing strategies to optimize grant funding outcomes and recommend tangible ways for Terraformation to be more competitive in the grant application process in the future.
- Demonstrated ability to secure grants through exceptional writing and editing skills, with a preferred focus on forestry, environmental science, or climate change-related grants
- Strong research skills to identify relevant grant opportunities and gather requisite data
- Attention to detail and accuracy in organizing and compiling grant application materials
- Familiarity with grant application guidelines, eligibility requirements, and reporting procedures
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines effectively
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities to work with diverse stakeholders in a team environment
- Familiarity with government and philanthropic funding landscape for environmental or nature-based projects
- Experience securing grants supporting activities in developing world
Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities.
Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution.
We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects.
We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission.
Learn more at terraformation.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.