Junior Manager Procurement
Terviva India Pvt Limited
Position: Junior Manager Procurement
CTC - Rs. 10,00,000/- to 12,00,000/-
LOOKING FOR FEMALE CANDIDATES
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
A leading sustainable agricultural technology company, Terviva, provides patented high-yielding trees to growers and proprietary bean processing to food manufacturers to create sustainable food ingredients, capitalizing on the need for science to bring better plant-based options to consumers. Terviva is recruiting the Manager, Business Applications as they ramp up R&D operations, facilities, and staff to meet the increasing demand for sustainable plant-based proteins & oil.
Founded in 2010, Tervivais a rapidly growing food and ag-tech company that delivers tasty and nourishing plant-based food ingredients from the pongamia tree. The company provides patented high-yielding trees and offers proprietary bean processing to create the world’s most sustainable oil and protein food ingredients. Terviva believes that healthy foods need a healthy planet with thriving ecosystems and strong, resilient social structures to feed the rising global population in a climate-constrained world. The company is dedicated to helping growers feed people while taking care of the planet. Terviva produces plant protein and vegetable oil by growing non-GMO, sustainable Pongamia that is carbon negative and produces dramatically higher yields than other oilseed crops on farmland that can’t be used for traditional crops due to weather, disease, or market challenges. Using natural, proprietary food processing methods, Terviva creates a golden-colored, buttery cooking oil and highly soluble plant protein which is far more sustainable than other oilseed crops commonly used today, such as palm and soy.
Terviva is headquartered in Alameda, California and has offices in Florida, Hawaii, Australia and India. In 2021 May, the company raised $78.0MM in equity capital to commercialize its highly sustainable, new-to market culinary oils and plant proteins. Terviva additionally launched a collaboration with Danone that illustrates a shared vision to improve the environmental outcomes of the food system by supporting regenerative farming practices that improve soil health, water quality and biodiversity, while also improving social and market outcomes.
Learn more at www.terviva.com
Number of Positions Open: 05
- Madhya Pradesh state - Bhopal headquarter
- South Jharkhand state - Chaibasa (West Singhbhum) headquarter
- Telangana state - Chittoor headquarter
- Maharashtra state - Sangli headquarter
- Gujarat and Rajasthan states - Gandhinagar headquarter
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To manage the procurement of Pongamia (Karanja) pods, beans & other value added products while closely working
with the rural bean gatherers. Will be responsible to manage and execute the forecasts for feedstock procurement
and ensure that timelines are effectively followed to meet the purchase requirements of the business. To efficiently
manage stocks in terms of volume and cost and manage risk associated with current market conditions to ensure
security of supply. To maintain and improve quality, developing our brand, and strengthening the link between
TerViva and bean gatherers/ suppliers/ partners.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Oversee the procurement of Pongamia pods, beans & other value added products
● Identification of potential villages with good number of bean gatherers in and around cluster area ● Assess
pre-harvest position of Pongamia beans through visits and updates with bean gatherers & suppliers
● Manage and execute forecasts for feedstock procurement for each season based on company’s demand
forecast, to ensure supply security and timelines
● Monitor contracts/ purchase orders against requirements by product, quality, blend, by month, by
Supplier Group, resolving any issues that arise
● Be commercially minded when negotiating quality differentials and price in order to obtain best deal for
TerViva and suppliers
● Support TerViva’s price risk strategy by providing timely and important market information ● Proactively
manage feedstock to ensure efficient stock levels at any time depending on latest supply and demand
Partnership with Bean Gatherers/Suppliers/ Partners
● Lead and organise pre-season Pongamia market survey and business updates for all gatherer/ supplier/
partner groups prior to season’s harvest
● Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges faced by the pod gatherers, gather systematic supplier
feedback, and represent their interests
● Meeting with bean gatherers/suppliers/ Partners regularly in their locations and ensure high quality
information flows between their organisations and TerViva
● Constantly assess harvests, demand in origin from other markets, and local knowledge, including
significant environmental, political and economic factors which may impact the planning process
● Ensure all feedstocks/ raw materials purchased are within the agreed specifications. Work alongside the
QA/QC teams to set up appropriate SOPs to manage quality for procurement.
● Provide Quality Control management services for pre- and post-shipment sampling to ensure consistency
of raw material quality to meet TerViva’s standards
● Monitor harvesting samples collected from bean gatherers/ suppliers/ processors against standards,
report back on issues and monitor responses
● Assist in the development of quality enhancement programs for bean gatherers/suppliers/ partners in
order to achieve consistent quality, reliability in supply (continuity), in the context of forest/
Manage a Team of 4-8 Procurement Supervisors who will be managing 2-3 districts
each. Regular coaching and guiding Team to meet the procurement targets.
Conduct performance reviews of the Team and address their challenges.
Managing culture and motivation across the Team.
Creating Social Impact
Work in collaboration with Social Impact Manager to deliver suitable strategy.
Ensure collaboration between the Team and Social Impact Manager and across the
functions. Minimising Environmental Impact
● Drawing experience at origin and at point of feedstock procurement, encourage environment friendly and
efficient methods of procurement of Pongamia pods/beans
● Work with villagers to encourage environmentally sustainable production, support suppliers to strengthen
the positive impact they have on the environment, and to use these actions to bolster their livelihoods
Skills and Knowledge
● Deep understanding of Procurement of Agricultural & Forest produce
● Experience working with Smallholder producers and suppliers at origin
● Technical Degree or equivalent e.g.: Bachelor in Agroforestry/ Agriculture/ Forestry
● Survey Execution, data gathering and analysis
● Financial & Commercial Knowledge
● Price Risk Management
● Project management skills
● Problem Solving Skills
● Passion for Agriculture & Forestry
● Trusted, demonstrates honesty & integrity
● Results-focused – Proactive-Takes the initiative- Doesn’t need ‘managing’
● Ability to deliver innovative, creative solutions
● Dynamic – relentless in pursuit of KPI delivery, acting with pace and urgency
● Language skills (Spoken):
- English (Speaking and Writing with Expert proficiency)
- Hindi (Good to know. Basic level is acceptable)
- Local Language must
Travel Requirement: 100 % travel to allocated villages and districts.
CTC – 10,00,00 – 12,00,000 P.a.
• A role model who exerts positive influence on those around him/her.
• Self-motivated and curious with a bias for action.
• Comfortable driving excellence and learning new approaches.
• A passion for Terviva’s mission.
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Potential 10% annual bonus
- Medical and insurance coverage
- Generous leave package
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and so we need employees to be flexible about their Roles, Responsibilities and flexibility in place of working.
Working at Terviva offers you:
Hybrid work model that supports a blend of in-office & remote Five day work week
Potential Global Exposure
Autonomy to work
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
- Remote interview process will be followed.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided according to current safety guidelines
- Temperature screenings will be required for all in-person interviews
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
- Terviva requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before reporting for work.
- To apply, please respond to the company position below.
- Please include your resume and a great cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, disability or handicap (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our executive team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.