Senior Manager, Sales Strategy and Analytics
Terviva is a fast-growing agricultural innovation company, headquartered in Alameda, California, with operations in Florida, Hawaii, India, and Australia. Terviva partners with farmers and communities around the world to harvest and grow pongamia, a regenerative, permanent tree crop historically used in Asia for landscape plantings, agroforestry and reforestation. Dubbed a “super tree,” pongamia requires minimal water input and naturally resists pests. After more than a decade of innovation, Terviva has begun to scale the supply chain as a biofuel feedstock and discovered a way to transform pongamia beans into nutritious and sustainable food ingredients called Ponova®. With a diverse product portfolio including food and fuel, farmers can supply multiple market segments as opportunities develop.
This is a highly analytical and strategic role that will help drive our ability to achieve maximum positive impact. The role reports into sales and marketing but is cross-functional with stakeholders across the entire organization, in particular you will work directly with counterparts in F&A and business development. Terviva is at an exciting inflection point and is primed for growth. We are looking for a leader who is eager to build world-class partnerships and drive impactful strategic projects that help our team grow. This is an individual contributor role currently. The success of this person will be directly linked to our ability to expand their team in the future. This will be an engaging and intellectually stimulating role as we prepare for massive scale and impact.
Strategic planning for enterprise sales/business development
- Develop strategies for partner/customer targets, and volume allocations, through both financial and strategic analyses
- Run our deal evaluation process including modeling options for pricing, exclusivity and time horizon.
- Lead the development of our pricing strategy with your collaboration partners internally.
- Act as an internal consultant by leveraging your analytical and strategic approach for a variety of mission critical projects. These projects may range from customer manufacturing decisions to consumer insights.
- Work with sales leadership to develop and manage organizational goals.
- Act as the go-to-market arm for our Product Stage Gate Process. This includes developing robust Market Requirements Documents that incorporate market data as well as key customer inputs.
- Lead the evolution of the product roadmap by taking in critical supply, manufacturing and customer inputs.
- Drive strategic planning for product management analysis and decision making.