Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
This role sits at the heart of Fuse Energy. You will be a key player responsible for continuous hedging and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring of our positions as well as constant risk management of positioning along the curve
- Developing and optimising dynamic curve hedging strategies
- Optimisation of hedging across forwards, PPAs, and the day ahead markets, in particular, hedging with stochastic customer demand and renewables generation
- Analysis of fundamental and technical market conditions
- Bachelor's degree in a highly analytical discipline such as Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience trading in EPEX Spot, Nordpool and EEX markets as well as trading in the ancillary service markets with all necessary exchange qualifications
- Knowledge of the UK renewables market and shape trading for hedging strategies
- Knowledge of PPA pricing and management of renewable asset generation volatility
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Bonus points for candidates who have
- Knowledge of flexibility assets/DSR battery solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with short term supply/demand modelling
- Experience programming in a scripting language (e.g Python, MATLAB or R etc)
- Competitive salary and a stock options sign-on bonus
- Biannual bonus scheme
- Fully expensed tech to match your needs!
- 30 days paid annual leave per year excluding Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to work closely with senior business leaders and exposure to building a global energy business