Mechanical Engineering Intern
Transaera is developing a new class of affordable, energy-efficient, sustainable cooling systems designed to address the 40% of global energy greenhouse gases emitted by conventional HVAC. Transaera's novel desiccant technology uses a unique sponge-like material that grabs moisture from the atmosphere to enable its air conditioner to cool air more efficiently. The heat generated by the air conditioner is then used – instead of being wasted – to dry the material for the next cycle.
Transaera is looking to hire a spring Mechanical Engineering intern to support the team in prototype development of our portable AC design. This would include iterative design and build of prototypes and test fixtures, as well as data acquisition and analysis for design validation. We are looking for someone who is organized, creative, and collaborative.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Improving or iterating existing designs through CAD modeling and rapid prototyping techniques such as laser cutting or 3D printing.
- Ordering and assembling hardware for custom test fixtures.
- Running experiments, analyzing data, and reporting results.
- Working with LabVIEW, Arduino, and Solidworks based interfaces.
- Excited about the future of climate tech
- Want to work with a growing, fast paced team that is revolutionizing AC
- Take initiative to get things done, and are not afraid to ask questions
Transaera is located at Greentown Labs in Somerville, MA a startup incubator and community of cleantech entrepreneurs who are building a sustainable, clean energy future. Transaera offers a competitive hourly wage for all interns.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include “Mechanical Engineering Internship” in the subject line.