Chief Commercial Officer
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Job Description Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer Department: Business Development - Sales Reports To: President/CEO FLSA Status: Exempt Base Range Salary: $180,000 to $220,000, plus commission and option equity grants Location: Ideal candidate will be local and based in our Huntington Beach Corporate Office Job OverviewTS Conductor is a startup company focused on reducing the carbon footprint in the world. We are looking to hire a key executive as our Chief Commercial Officer responsible for overseeing and driving the company's commercial strategy and revenue generation efforts. The position responsibility will include a combination of sales, marketing, business development, and strategic planning. Summary Of Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the company's commercial strategy to drive revenue growth and market expansion.
- Lead, manage and develop sales teams, marketing teams, and business development teams to achieve company goals.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and markets to increase the company's market share.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitor activity to inform strategic decision-making.
- Develop pricing strategies and revenue models to maximize profitability.
- Collaborate with other executive team members to align commercial strategies with overall company objectives.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives to increase brand visibility and customer acquisition.
- Provide regular sales reports and forecasts to the management team.
- Provide regular performance reports and analysis to the CEO and the board of directors.
- Organize, attend, and present at industry events and trade shows.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Proven track record of success in senior commercial roles in the utility industry, specifically transmission or distribution of PowerGrid.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, proven success in leading and developing others.
- Strong understanding of the sales process, including lead generation, qualification, and closing.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal abilities.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze market data and trends to make informed decisions.
- Experience in developing and implementing successful sales and marketing strategies.
- Familiarity with digital marketing, e-commerce, and emerging technologies is a plus.
- Results-driven mindset with a focus on achieving revenue targets and business objectives.
- Experience in root cause and corrective action problem solving methodologies.
- Ability to travel frequently domestically and internationally. Anticipated travel is 50%+
- Hands-on and self-motivated work ethic.
- 5+ years of leading sales, marketing, or business development functions
- 5+ years of related experience working in our specific industry to understand market trends, customer behaviors, and competitive dynamics to drive effective commercial strategies.
- Experience in setting and executing commercial strategies.
- Sales and marketing expertise with sales funnel management, and specific industry marketing strategies.
- Strategic thinking and adept at crafting and executing long-term commercial strategies that align with the company's overall goals. Track record in ability to identify growth opportunities and drive revenue generation.
- Possesses a customer-centric mindset and understands customer needs, preferences, and pain points to offer TS product(s) that resonate with the target audience.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience engaging in high-level negotiations with clients, partners, and suppliers. Proven track record in realizing favorable deals and partnerships.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functional departments such as finance, operations, and product development to ensure seamless execution of commercial strategies.
- Practices data-driven decision-making and is highly skilled in working with data to analyze market trends, track sales performance, and measure the effectiveness of various commercial initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential to communicate the company's value proposition, strategy, and results to internal and external stakeholders.
- As a start-up we are evolving rapidly, the CCO role must not only be adaptable to change, rather lead change and help drive innovative approaches to commercial operations.
- Must possess a global perspective, to successfully engage and service global markets, understanding cultures, and international regulations.