Founding Power Market Analyst
We are looking for team members who love working directly with customers on technical problems and are eager to shape the culture of a collaborative and fast-growing team. You will join a team with deep experience in modeling, software development, and energy backed by leading investors in the climate, energy, and software sectors. We have offices in Los Angeles, Oakland, and remote team members across the US.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding existing and prospective customers’ modeling needs and developing ways to apply Tyba’s models to uplevel their workflows.
- Informing ongoing model/product development efforts, including price forecasting, dispatch optimization, and bidding models in collaboration with Tyba’s engineering teams.
- Supporting all stages of Tyba’s sales and onboarding process, including content marketing, technical sales support, and onboarding/implementation.
Skills and experience:
- At least two years of experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the energy sector, such as trading, consulting, or performance engineering.
- Strong technical proficiency, including in Excel, Python, and API-based solutions.
- Familiarity with wholesale power markets and generation resources.
- Excellent client management and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to distill complex commercial, financial, and technical considerations into compelling presentations and training sessions.
What is the interview process like?
Our interview process focuses on core competencies. We want to make sure that you are set up for success at a fast-growing and high-impact startup. We will first get to know each other through conversations about Tyba, your background, and what you are looking for in your next role. While the specifics vary, from there, we will focus on evaluating your skills and experience relevant to the role. Once we have determined whether or not you are a fit for the team, we will help you get to know the company better and speak with other team members to inform your decision. We prioritize transparency, clear communication, and ensuring we do our best to find a mutual fit.
Will you consider remote candidates?
This role will be based in Tyba’s Los Angeles or Oakland office. We will also consider remote working locations for excellent candidates.