Aviation faces an existential crisis due to its climate impact, with no apparent roadmap for meaningful carbon reduction, let alone meeting Paris Agreement emissions targets. That is where Universal Hydrogen (UH2) comes into play. Our company is working to create revolutionary technology and supply chain infrastructure that will allow hydrogen to be used all over the world as a means of decarbonizing the transportation industry. In order to do this we are looking to hire an Industrialization Manager that has a passion for working with operations, supply chain, and partners to solve critical problems, including UH2’s make vs. buy strategy, and the optimization of manufacturing and assembly processes. You will play a critical role in streamlining the transition from product development to mass production of our modules, ensuring efficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness throughout the process. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and vision to help build the future of hydrogen and combat the climate crisis.
About the Role
- Lead production planning and execution activities to support entry into service in 2024.
- Define and implement the make or buy strategy for hydrogen storage modules.
- Define and implement the modules maintenance and repair industrial setup and processes.
- Support the seamless integration of the manufacturing processes in the digital backbone of the company (incl. influencing digital architecture if/as needed).
- Define and implement Universal Hydrogen quality management system and work closely with the supply chain team to ensure robust supplier quality.
- Integrate product and process quality into the assembly setup and apply statistical tools to track and validate Critical To Quality metrics. (SPC, MSA, Capability Studies).
- Lead the coordination efforts for UH2’s factory setup in New Mexico, working with top-tier design architects, local governing authorities, construction partners, and all internal teams across UH2.
- Expertise and passion for developing lean and efficient manufacturing and assembly processes, analyzing product requirements, make-buy decisions, NPI, PFMEA, Control Plans.
- Experience in designing manufacturing and assembly setups for high production rate automotive or aerospace is preferred.
- Experience in implementing a robust yet nimble QMS tailored to the manufacturing of equipment for handling dangerous goods..
- Background in maintaining product and process compliance with required regulations (ISO, AS9100/13100, OSHA).
- Comfortable with 20% domestic and international travel.