Logistics Methods Manager (All Genders)
At Universal Hydrogen, we pride ourselves on continuous evolution. The driving force behind constant business growth is the presence of skilled and dedicated project managers. We have set out to make the world a greener place in the area it matters the most, aviation. With our state-of-the-art technology and passionate leadership team, we have created a hydrogen capsule and a fuel cell-electric powertrain for the world’s first zero-emissions regional airline.
You want to join a team that is trailblazing the path to a more carbon-free planet? Universal Hydrogen is looking for a Logistic Methods Manager based in Toulouse to drive the end-to-end execution of our modular hydrogen fuel logistics chain from pick up at the hydrogen production site to delivery in the airport. This person should have a passion for and knowledge of airport ground operations, ground transportation and warehousing, dangerous goods (DG) handling, and ideally aviation fuel logistics. You will work closely with our engineering, sales, and operations teams to develop the global logistics network that will enable our hydrogen value chain. This is your opportunity to play a critical role in the decarbonization of aviation in the near future.
About the Role
Within the Logistics Operations service, you will be responsible for our modular hydrogen fuel logistic network development and implementation to prepare our customers entry into service in Europe.
- Take in charge the analysis and framing of the solutions for the modular hydrogen fuel logistic network development according to customers requirements.
- Build the specifications (infrastructures, operations) to prepare transportation, airport storage and handling operations industrialization in collaboration with all stakeholders involved (engineering, operations, airports, safety organizations, ground handlers…).
- Ensure adherence to all applicable federal, state, and airport regulations, policies, procedures at every stage of development.
- Ensure permitting / authorization ;consolidation’s files.
- Define, plan, and execute logistics demonstrations and testing.
- Support the industrialization phase, including logistics and infrastructure sizing.
- Support the planning, building, and testing of operational control centers to monitor the end-to-end logistics chain.
- Collaborate and assist in developing flow charts, risks analysis and appropriate procedures.
- Follow-up, report and ensure cost, quality and on time delivery of the project deliverables.
- Participate to engineering logistics operations needs
- Experience in the airport logistics industry.
- Experience in implementing new processes or projects with airports across multiple entities (e.g. airport, handlers, airlines, suppliers), with evidence of execution speed and effective cross-functional coordination
- Experience in/exposure to storage and distribution certification for dangerous goods is a strong plus.
- Proven experience managing complex and fast-paced technical projects to meet company objectives and ensure technical and financial feasibility in a regulation-heavy industry.
- Ability to anticipate, think creatively, define project plans, and execute the plan within cost and time targets, with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, ability to build trusting relationships.
- High level of attention to detail. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate reasoning.
- Willingness to challenge the established ways of working (both externally and internally) to implement innovative solutions in challenging timelines.
- Professional proficiency in French and English; written and speaking.
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, Tencent, Toyota, GE, JetBlue, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2026.
We strive for a workplace that is open, friendly, and fun, while valuing focus, urgency, camaraderie, and maverick behavior in accomplishing our mission. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflect this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles or at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport in Toulouse most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes a significant variable pay component in the cash compensation, equity participation for all employees, 100% coverage of healthcare costs, and dog-friendly offices. As a young company, we are continually expanding our benefits, striving to provide our employees with the support they need to be their best both in and outside of the office. In the next few months, we are rolling out childcare support, catered meals, green mobility support, and private pilot (PPL) training—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you!
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.