Transport Data Analyst, Germany (Citymapper)
At Citymapper by Via, we’re on a mission to help make complex cities more accessible to everyday users. Our application transports millions of people in hundreds of cities around the world by giving them access to the most current and sophisticated transportation options available. We make getting around your favourite city easy, so that you can enjoy the ride.
As a Data Analyst at Citymapper, you will be managing the data that is the backbone of our application’s success. Your work will directly impact our user experience, and will be the difference between a user seeing a bus drive away, or reaching it just in time. Millions of users around the world trust our application to be on time for work, a job interview, or a date – and we take great responsibility in fulfilling that need.
What You'll Do:
- You will help manage the timetable data that powers the Citymapper application. Using proprietary tools and methods, you will transform often messy transit schedules into shiny and reliable user information.
- You will build, validate, and ship data to production on a daily basis.
- You will manage data in a range of cities and across different formats.
- You will work with our engineers to build for scale by improving tools and automating tasks.
- You will ensure data quality in our web and mobile products, so that users continue to love and trust Citymapper.
Who You Are:
- You have up to 3 years of experience working with data, Python, and/or common transit data formats (GTFS, Siri, HAFAS, TransXChange etc).
- You have a passion for public transportation and cities, and an interest in how public transportation networks operate.
- You are comfortable dealing with large data sets, and have an eagerness to learn new data skills.
- You take a hands-on, practical, pragmatic attitude to your work.
- You have exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to communicate those details to other collaborators.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.