Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As an Assistant Controller, You will take a key role in our finance organization and be instrumental in the success of our accounting and reporting processes. You should have solid analytical and accounting skills and a knack for working in a high-growth, mission-driven environment
What You'll Do:
- Be involved in the daily tasks of the Finance Department.
- Take a significant part in the monthly closing process.
- Monitor and perform accounting analysis to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile intercompany balances.
- Prepare statutory reports – annual financial reports and tax reports.
- Work with external auditors and advisors.
- Participate in SOX implementation and maintenance.
- Take an active role in managing projects and improving processes.
Who You Are:
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA from a Big 4 firm with minimum of 1-2 years after internship – Hi-tech department (preference).
- Able to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Details oriented with a high level of analytical and professional skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in US-GAAP accounting.
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?