Mobility Consulting Associate
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Mobility Consulting Associate at Via, you’ll be on the cutting-edge of the mobility revolution, combining your exceptional analytical skills with Via’s sophisticated transit planning and simulation technology. You’ll collaborate closely with our city and transit agency partners to deliver forward-thinking on-demand transit, multimodal plans for new mobility, and deep-diving studies to design and optimize mobility services around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to complex transportation analysis to help communities study and design forward-looking, multimodal transportation and transit systems.
- Solve complex transportation problems by identifying where and how on-demand transit can improve a multimodal network - examples include providing a first/last mile service for a bus or rail line, optimizing coverage in areas with under-performing fixed-route service, or upgrading paratransit/dial-a-ride.
- Bring analytical rigor and planning expertise to Via’s business development process by designing customized mobility services for potential partners (from major transit agencies to small cities) based on their geographies, land-use patterns, policy objectives, and budgets.
- Continuously optimize Via’s partners’ service by providing detailed and action-oriented advice about quality of service, productivity, and fixed-route transit integration opportunities; you will help ensure the success of Via’s global deployments.
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities and transit agencies. Work with the Via and Remix technology team to develop, test, and market the new products to our partners.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about transportation and improving access to mobility in urban, suburban, and rural communities around the world.
- Able to think critically and innovatively about mobility challenges, data issues, and new concepts in transportation technology.
- Excited by gathering and analyzing a broad range of economic, demographic, and other data.
- Exceptional communicator and presenter, with the ability to break down and communicate complex problems to non-subject matter experts.
- Up to 3 years of experience - experience in planning, client services or consulting experience is a plus, but not required.
- Graduate level degree in business, law, public policy, transportation or urban planning, or similar fields is a plus, but not required.
- Business proficiency in multiple languages is a plus, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by candidates experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data
- Pay Range: $65,000-$85,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?