Senior Staff Embedded Software Engineer
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Embedded Software
What You Will Be Doing
- ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding engineer interested in applying creativity and a broad skill set toward building interconnected HW and SW for a next generation vehicle charging platform
- You will work on design, implementation, and testing of the networking stack on ARM based microprocessors controlling high power electronics
- Develop and/or support software for charging systems
- Collaborate cross-functionally across geographies with hardware, system, and cloud engineering teams to define and implement specifications, features, and protocols
- Ability to develop for RTOS and Linux based environments
- Strong motivation to work through engineering challenges
- Enthusiasm for working with distributed teams
- Ability to understand system-wide implications of electronic design and software integration
- BA in Engineering, BS in Computer Science, or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Confident ability to understand circuit schematics and apply working knowledge of electronics in the bring up and debug of PCBs
- Pro-active, communicative self-starter, comfortable working in a geographically diverse team environment
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile development model and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision
Location: Campbell, CA
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $105,000 to $231,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.