Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Mechanical Design Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
The Mechanical Design Engineering Team is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. As a member of the MDE team you will be a driving force of innovation and helping build the future of electric vehicle charging.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will play a direct role in the design and execution of ChargePoint’s products. We are seeking a confident and personable engineer who has exceptional manufacturing experience, including design for manufacturing, design for cost and assembly, supplier production tooling development with a proven track record of delivering world-class products in cross-functional teams.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, your responsibilities will focus on the manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and design for quality of current production and new products:
- Interfacing directly with Asia suppliers to efficiently execute designs into mass production
- Identifying design opportunities for quality, cost, assembly, and manufacturing
- Supplier production tooling development and monitoring into production.
- Root cause and failure analysis on current products
- Fluent in Mandarin, and ability to communicate technically in English with USA and UK based design teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience in a Mechanical Engineering role
- Proficient in CAD, 5 yrs minimum UG NX experience
- Strong working knowledge of injection molding, CNC machining, sheet metal, aluminum die casting and extrusion, cosmetic part finishing, and mass production processes
- A self-starter who is comfortable driving multiple parts and aspects of the product design process simultaneously.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to review and optimize 2D drawings, including understanding tolerances of various manufacturing methods and GD&T.
- Ability to travel in China to work face to face with suppliers
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.