Senior Software QA Engineer
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Software QA
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Software QA Engineer, you will be a key member of the ChargePoint QA team responsible for ensuring high quality standards across our product suite.
- You will work closely with the Cloud and Platform Engineering and Product teams, create test plans, identify components for automation, write and execute the test cases for ChargePoint web & mobile applications.
- This position requires an individual who is a team player, an excellent communicator, creative, data driven and results oriented.
- Validation of various charging platforms’ integration with ChargePoint Cloud
What you’ll Need
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in software development/testing field
- Strong knowledge and experience in software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Well versed with both manual and automation testing
- Experience with Java/Python and shell scripting to support CI (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience in building and maintaining automation frameworks and test cases for Frontend and API.
- Strong understanding of API fundamentals.
- Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products
- Working knowledge of SQL and Linux
- Professional experience with Jenkins, Jira, and Git
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol) standard, integration and debugging is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.